Membership in Design Quarter Winnipeg indicates a strong focus + leading standard in design culture, and draws attention to authentic, Winnipeg experiences. Aligning your business or events with Design Quarter Winnipeg creates diverse connections amongst our creative, local community, and is synonymous with superior quality. Members are businesses within the general area of the Exchange District, Downtown, The Forks or within walkable routes in between. Members are consumer-focused, and creatively contribute to the visitor experience. Other membership criteria includes:
- A strong connection to, + consideration for design/creativity.
- Locally owned or local non-profit.
- A unique offering of a product, service, or experience.
- Attention to detail + consistency in branding.
- Strong street presence
- Community involvement.
Inclusion in Design Quarter Winnipeg showcases members to a large, growing demographic of design-conscious consumers. A simple, neutral logo is installed on the windows of each participating business to indicate membership. This logo is carefully designed to not overpower member business logos while acting as a beacon of high quality design.
Members benefit from the Design Quarter Winnipeg collective marketing + branding strategies, including:
- WEB: Accessible, attractive, frequently updated website with member business profiles, interactive gps map, event calendar, blog features, + more.
- PRINT: Comprehensive map listing member businesses printed biannually (May + November), with distribution aid by Tourism Winnipeg , Travel Manitoba, The Exchange District BIZ, Downtown BIZ, + The Forks.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Strong, consistent presence on all major social media platforms.
- PROFESSIONAL PARTNERSHIPS: Collaborative synergies among participating businesses + partners (ex. Design Quarter Winnipeg tours, access to travel media through, + additional outreach and marketing strategies by Travel Manitoba + Tourism Winnipeg, collaborations with Montreal Fashion + Design Festival, The Winnipeg Design Festival, + Border Crossings Magazine).
- EVENTS: Hosted events increase visitorship to the area, contribute to a rich street culture + promote participating businesses (1-2 major events/year).
"I am so glad that we are part of Design Quarter. Their "mixer" events certainly provide us with an opportunity to network and truly serve to benefit members". - Pulse Gallery
"Design Quarter does a fabulous job! The spring pop-up market was a unique and fun market model. I was so grateful to be a part of it". - Rubia Darya
"Thanks for all of your hard work. We have had people who are holding Design Quarter maps come visit, and have given them out to Winnipeggers and tourists who are thrilled to have them!" - Design Quarter Member
BECOME PART OF A CURATED, DESIGN-ORIENTED COMMUNITY.
DRIVE COLLECTIVE MARKETING + COLLABORATION.
CREATE AWARENESS OF WINNIPEG’S CREATIVE DESTINATIONS.
RECOGNIZE WINNIPEG AS A WALKABLE, DESIGN CITY.
For more information, or if you are interested in becoming a Design Quarter Winnipeg member, please contact our Executive Director by clicking below.