DESIGN QUARTER WINNIPEG is a curated destination experience within a walkable area of our city, creating a community of authentic, local retail + design culture. We are a non-profit, member-based organization aimed at providing an accessible resource for design-conscious consumers + local businesses to experience + connect with Winnipeg's central hub of creative + innovative destinations! The Quarter is comprised of Winnipeg's core communities - downtown, the historic Exchange District, and The Forks.
- Position Winnipeg as a design city.
- Increase appreciation of the area as a creative destination.
- Increase attractiveness for visitors [locals + tourists].
- Help small + local business by strengthening design tourism.
- Implement collective marketing + host major events.
- Enable business to business networking.
- Act as an incubator for new innovation among members.
- Encourage new design entrepreneurs to move into the area.
As a design-conscious consumer visiting central Winnipeg as a local or a tourist, you are able to pick up a map, visit our website, and follow us via social media to pinpoint all of the authentic, local, design-driven experiences our city has to offer. You can expect to take in the best in our city's local design retailers + studios, restaurants, fashion boutiques, art galleries, cultural events, and much more by participating in the Design Quarter's curated experience. Our connected community of creative retailers and makers are highlighted in this one navigable + walkable area of diverse design culture.