DESIGN QUARTER WINNIPEG is a curated destination experience within a walkable area of our city, creating a community of authentic, local retail + design culture. We are a non-profit, member-based organization aimed at providing an accessible resource for design-conscious consumers + local businesses to experience + connect with Winnipeg's central hub of creative + innovative destinations!
- Position Winnipeg as a design city.
- Increase appreciation of the area as a creative destination.
- Increase attractiveness for visitors [locals + tourists].
- Help small + local business by strengthening design tourism.
- Implement collective marketing + host major events.
- Enable business to business networking.
- Act as an incubator for new innovation among members.
- Encourage new design entrepreneurs to move into the area.
As a design-conscious consumer visiting central Winnipeg as a local or a tourist, you are able to pick up a map, visit our website, and follow us via social media to pinpoint all of the authentic, local, design-driven experiences our city has to offer. You can expect to take in the best in our city's local design retailers + studios, restaurants, fashion designers, art galleries, cultural events and much more by participating in the Design Quarter's curated experience. Our connected community of creative retailers and makers are highlighted in this one, navigable + walkable area of diverse design culture.
Membership in Design Quarter Winnipeg indicates a strong focus + leading standard in design culture, and draws attention to authentic, Winnipeg experiences. Aligning your business or events with Design Quarter Winnipeg creates diverse connections amongst our creative, local community, and is synonymous with superior quality. Members are businesses within the general area of the Exchange District, Downtown, The Forks or within walkable routes in between. Members are consumer-focused, and creatively contribute to the visitor experience. Other membership criteria includes:
- A strong connection to, + consideration for design/creativity.
- Locally owned or local non-profit.
- A unique offering of a product, service, or experience.
- Attention to detail + consistency in branding.
- Strong street presence
- Community involvement.
Inclusion in Design Quarter Winnipeg will showcase members to a large, growing demographic of design-conscious consumers. A simple, neutral logo will be installed on the windows of each participating business to indicate membership. This logo is carefully designed to not overpower member business logos while acting as a beacon of high quality design.
Members will benefit from the Design Quarter Winnipeg collective marketing + branding strategies, including:
- WEB: Accessible, attractive, frequently updated website with member business profiles, maps, event calendar and blog features.
- PRINT: Comprehensive map listing member businesses printed biannually (May + November), with distribution aid by Tourism Winnipeg , Travel Manitoba, The Exchange District BIZ, + Downtown BIZ.
- SOCIAL MEDIA: Strong, consistent presence on all major social media platforms.
- PROFESSIONAL PARTNERSHIPS: Collaborative synergies among participating businesses + partners (ex. Design Quarter Winnipeg summer tours conducted weekly by the Exchange District Biz, access to travel media through, + additional outreach and marketing strategies by Travel Manitoba + Tourism Winnipeg, collaborations with Montreal Fashion + Design Festival and Border Crossings Magazine).
- EVENTS: Hosted events increase visitorship to the area, contribute to a rich street culture + promote participating businesses (1-2 major events/year).
BECOME PART OF A CURATED, DESIGN-ORIENTED COMMUNITY.
DRIVE COLLECTIVE MARKETING + COLLABORATION.
CREATE AWARENESS OF WINNIPEG’S CREATIVE DESTINATIONS.
RECOGNIZE WINNIPEG AS A WALKABLE, DESIGN CITY.
For more information, or if you are interested in becoming a Design Quarter Winnipeg member, please contact our Executive Director by clicking below.